Portable VPN device
Recently, 1 of the project I found on KickStarter was Kezeel. The idea is really cool. Basically, it’s a small device to bring with you and helps establish a secure Wifi hotspot to their VPN clouds. The devices will server Wifi connection to any devices without complicated VPN client configurations. Sounds great, right?
Looking to buy it but then I found some negative reviews on YouTube video about its, some people even asked for refund already.
If you can buy it, let’s build it!
Precondition: I have 2 Raspberry Pi gen 2.
- Setup VPN servers on Digital Ocean - 1 server is good enough for proof of concept, let’s scale up later.
- Setup my Pi to be a hotspot device, running STA and AP dual modes. (Not sure if this works!!)
- Have an app (in ReactNative) to be able to configure the settings for Pi (like SSID, Password, etc)
- Running a simple Node Express app to serve as settings server.
- Setup STA-AP dual mode on same WLAN USB adapter. (Aetheros and IMC, both failed)
Setup 2 WLAN USB Adapters - one 1 STA, one for AP. Raspian only recognized 1 WLAN not matter what I changed in configs.
- Try with a Pi gen 3. Since Pi 3 has 1 built-in WLAN adapter, it may recognize 2nd USB WLAN adapter.
- [Tryging - To-be known]